1. Prepare charts for scheduled appointments in advance and check for completeness.
2. Gather all necessary lab reports, consults, x-ray reports, and correspondence that may be needed for the appointment.
3. Scan all necessary reports and correspondence into the electronic health record.
4. Monitor and distribute reports/correspondence arriving via automated means.
5. Accurately file by appropriate date in proper tab in electronic health record.
6. Copy and/or fax charts for other physicians, insurance companies, etc.
7. Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating
actions,irregularities, and continuing needs.
8. Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
9. Answer telephones and take accurate messages or channel calls to
10. Attend required meetings and be actively involved in discussions.
11. Assist in the care and maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
We understand that applicants may not currently have a thorough working knowledge of every duty and skill described above. However, a proven aptitude to learn this type of knowledge or skill is essential. A consistently positive attitude and a strong work ethic are necessary.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.